Oregon Pandemic EBT
Updated September 19, 2022
2021-2022 Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) is for children in SNAP households ages 5 and under. P-EBT benefits will be distributed in late-October/early-November.
Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) is part of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. P-EBT is money for children whose access to adequate and quality food may have been impacted by COVID-19.
Oregon is sending P-EBT to families receiving SNAP benefits that have children ages 5 and under to make up for missed meals caused by child care closures.
P-EBT is a program in partnership with the Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS) and the Oregon Department of Education (ODE).
How children qualify for P-EBT
There is no application. Children are eligible for P-EBT if they:
- Live in a household that received SNAP benefits for at least one month from September 2021 through May 2022.
- Were age 0-5 for at least one month from September 2021 through May 2022.
Many children that were eligible for School Year 2020-2021 P-EBT will not be eligible this time. This year's program is limited to children in SNAP households ages 5 and under.
If your household received SNAP benefits between September 2021 and May 2022 and a child in your household was age 5 or under, that child is eligible for P-EBT.
How families receive P-EBT
All children eligible for P-EBT were part of a SNAP household, so P-EBT will be added to the household's existing EBT card.
If you have lost your EBT card, you can request a replacement card by calling the toll-free replacement card line at 855-328-6715 or by visiting your local ODHS office.
How much P-EBT families receive and when
Children will receive $63 for each month they qualify between September 2021 and May 2022. To qualify, the child must have been age 5 or under AND the household must have been receiving SNAP.
- If a household received SNAP September 2021 through May 2022 and had one child age 5 or under during this period, their total P-EBT benefit amount would be $567 ($63 x 1 eligible child x 9 eligible months).
- If a household received SNAP September 2021 through February 2022 but their child turned 6 in December 2022, their total P-EBT benefit amount would be $252 ($63 x 1 eligible child x 4 eligible months). Children are eligible for P-EBT in the month they turn 6.
- If a household received SNAP December 2021 through May 2022 and had two children age 5 or under during this period, their P-EBT benefit amount would be $756 ($63 x 2 eligible children x 6 eligible months).
P-EBT benefits will be issued in late-October/early-November. Households will receive the full P-EBT benefit their children qualify for in a single issuance. More details will be available as that date draws closer.
Oregon will apply for Summer P-EBT. If approved by the federal government, additional P-EBT benefits may be issued to eligible children this winter.
If you wish, you can apply for Oregon SNAP benefits
online or by calling the ONE Customer Service Center at 800-699-9075. You can also visit any
local ODHS office.
Oregon Food Bank
Text your zip code to 898211 (TXT211)