Public University Coordination Unit: Our Policy and Coordination Role
The Public University Coordination unit of the Office of Academic Policy and Authorization is responsible for policy coordination related to Oregon’s seven public universities to achieve Oregon’s higher education goals. The governance of Oregon’s public universities is the responsibility of their respective governing boards.
This Public University Coordination unit leads the HECC's response to legislation related to Oregon public university funding, student success, student services, and academic quality and integrity. It carries out statutory authorities of the HECC to foster pathways to success for current and future Oregon students of public universities.
The Public University Coordination unit is responsible for Academic Planning and Policy including:
- Academic policy and initiatives to enhance postsecondary pathways,
- approval of new academic programs,
- policy-work to improve high school-to-post -secondary transitions,
- inter-sector post-secondary transfer,
- adult learners seeking degree completion,
- institutional evaluations, and
- affordability initiatives.
In addition, the Office of Academic Policy and Authorization Public University Coordination unit collaborates with postsecondary institutions and workforce partners to further progress toward Oregon’s educational and workforce goals.
Below you will find information on many of these collaborative efforts: