Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Resources for Victims

OYA supports the rights and concerns of crime victims and the right to obtain information about a youth’s adjudication, custody status, and release from custody. Within 30 days of a youth’s commitment to a correctional facility, OYA will notify you about your rights related to that youth’s custody status with OYA. You can request to be notified by OYA when a youth:
  • escapes from custody;
  • is released from custody;
  • runs from a community program;
  • revokes back to custody; or
  • terminates from OYA custody.
At any time, you may notify your local OYA field office and change your request to start or stop getting these notices. 

Keep Your Contact Information Current

In order to protect your victim rights, we need your most up-to-date contact information. To update OYA with your contact information, contact the youth’s JPPO or your county’s OYA parole and probation office.

OYA participates in the "Victim Information & Notification Everyday" system (VINE)​, an automated system through which victims can learn important custody and/or probation and parole information about a youth.

VINE will tell subscribers if and where a youth is in custody along with other important custody and/or probation information. VINE will also let you leave a phone number where you can be notified automatically when that youth is released, transferred, escapes, dies, or has a change in parole or probation status.

​You can contact trained advocates at county District Attorney's offices around the state. They can help you navigate the criminal justice system, understand your rights, and refer you to resources in your community that offer support.

To learn more, contact the Victim Assistance Program​ in the county where your case is being handled.

​If you are a victim of domestic violence or sexual assault, there are resources on the ​Department of Human Services​ website.


Find your county's OYA parole and probation office or juvenile parole/probation officer to:

  • report a youth who has been in contact with you
  • get notices or stop getting notices regarding a youth's custody status with OYA
  • update your contact information