Examination for the Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP) - National Exam
An approved applicant may request to take the EPPP. The exam may be taken before, during, or after completion of your post-doctoral supervised work experience, and either before or after the Jurisprudence exam. To request to sit for the exam, please send (mail, email or fax) your written request to the Board's office. Do not submit any payment to OBOP. Your eligibility will be transmitted to the ASPPB Examination Portal, which will generate an email to you with exam registration instructions.
Exam scores are reported to the Board weekly. We will send you a letter notifying you of your score. You may login to the Applicant Portal and click "Review Documents" to view your score, which is updated when score reports are received. Your score should be posted by the Thursday following the week you took your exam.
The EPPP is developed and owned by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB). It is a multiple choice exam, administered continuously in computerized delivery format through the Pearson network of computer testing centers. Further information on the specifics of the exam can be found on the ASPPB website at www.asppb.org.
Oregon Jurisprudence Exam (OJE)
An approved applicant may request to take the OJE. The exam may be taken before, during, or after completion of your post-doctoral supervised work experience, and either before or after the EPPP. To request to sit for the exam, mail your written request and the $155.00 fee (check or money order made out to "OBOP").
- Be prepared to take the exam soon after submitting your written request. Once your request is approved, a link to your exam will be generated and emailed to you. Your link will expire 30 days after it is generated.
- The exam is open book. Downloadable study materials are found below.
- Plan to take your exam in one sitting. The exam does not allow you to save your progress. OBOP cannot control personal computer or browser settings that may cause your online session to timeout.
- See Candidate Handbook for additional details about the exam.
- Official exam results are posted in the Applicant Portal under "Review Documents" within 7-10 days of submitting your online exam.
Downloadable Exam Materials:
- OJE Candidate Handbook
- Study Materials (the books):
- OBOP Statutes, Rules, and Ethical Principles. Includes: Oregon Revised Statutes Chapter 675- Psychologists; Oregon Administrative Rules Chapter 858; APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.
- Statutes Pertaining to the Practice of Psychology. Oregon Revised Statutes. Includes: Psychotherapist/Patient Privilege; Intent to Commit Certain Crimes; Authority of non-custodial parent; Rights of Minors; Elderly Abuse Reporting; Sexually Violent Dangerous Offenders; Inmate Records; Records of Individual with Disability or Mental Illness; Protected Health Information; Child Abuse Reporting; Counsel for Child or Ward; Persons with Mental Illness; Sexually Dangerous Persons; Abuse Reporting for Mentally Ill or Developmentally Disabled Persons; Animal Abuse Reporting; Doctor-Title Act; Mandatory Reporting; Complaints Against Health Care Professionals & Penalties.