Potential Changes to Energy Rates
Pending: Rate Cases
- Portland General Electric - Docket Number: UE 394
- Avista Natural - Docket Number: UG 433
PacifiCorp Rate Case Proposal - UE 399
Learn more about the proposed increase and details about the upcoming public comment hearing on May 24, 2022. This event provides you an opportunity to comment directly to the Commissioners who make the final decision. Public comments are accepted through June 22, 2022 by email, phone or mail.
NW Natural's Rate Case Proposal - UG 435
NW Natural is asking for an increase in its general rates of approximately $73.5 million or 9.9 percent. In its filing NW Natural also requests recovery of other costs, including its Lexington renewable natural gas project. Together, NW Natural is seeking a total rate increase of $81.8 million or 11.05 percent. For a residential customer using an average of 52.5 therms per month, these combined adjustments would lead to a monthly bill increase of $7.42, effective November 1, 2022.
NW Natural identifies several factors driving the proposed rate increase, including modernizing its information technology systems, relocating its regional resource centers to be more seismically secure, and continuing projects to reinforce its distribution system and maintain its storage operations.
NW Natural’s general rate change request is undergoing a nearly year-long review and will be fully investigated on behalf of natural gas customers by the PUC, the Oregon Citizens’ Utility Board, the Alliance of Western Energy Consumers, and others. This public comment hearing is part of that investigation, which will conclude in October when the Commissioners rule on the request. New rates, if approved, are expected to go into effect November 1, 2022.
Pending: Differential Rate Plans to Benefit Energy Burdened Customers
- PGE request to implement bill discounts to income-qualified residential customers in compliance with HB 2475 - Docket Number: ADV 1365
Pending: Arrearage Management Program
- NW Natural request for approval of additional funding for this program -- Docket Number: ADV 1373
Ways to Comment
Utility customers can submit comments on proposed rate increases
- email PUC.PublicComments@puc.oregon.gov (Be sure to note the docket number in the subject line and/or email)
- Call 503-378-6600 or 800-522-2404 (all relay calls accepted)
- Mail comments to: Oregon Public Utility Commission, Attn: AHD – UG 435, PO Box 1088, Salem, OR 97308-1088
Stay Informed on a Specific Docket
To stay informed throughout the rate case process, view the dockets noted above. You may also request to be added to the distribution list to receive publicly available documents. Submit requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 503-378-6678. Be sure to note the docket number of interest.