Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
Concerns about Nursing Home Care?
Nursing home
Q:  I have a complaint about substandard care at a nursing home where my mother is a resident.  Do I file the complaint with the Oregon Health Licensing Agency (OHLA) or Nursing Home Administrators Board (NHAB)?
A: Complaints regarding resident care, staffing, food service, physical environment, etc. should be reported to your local Department of Human Services (DHS), Protective Services office or your local Area Agency on Aging. You may also report abuse to DHS at 1-800-232-3020.
Click here to view elder abuse & neglect information. 
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call your local emergency phone number. In most communities, you should dial 911.
If your complaint is against a nursing home administrator, contact OHLA / NHAB and click here for more information.