What should I know before taking an exam?
- Exams are closed book. You may bring a basic calculator to use.
- A photograph of you will be taken by the testing center. Please contact ODA if you want to request a religious or other accommodation.
- Bring a government issued ID
- Know the last four digits of your Social Security number
How do I schedule an exam, and how much does it cost?
- To schedule testing, you must have your legal name and correct Social Security number available. Then call 877-533-2900 or go to Metro Institute's website.
- Warning: You may not receive credit for an exam if the legal name or Social Security number provided at scheduling does not match what you provide at the testing center.
- Examinations cost $58 per exam.
- Exams must be paid for at the time of registering for the exam(s) with Metro Institute.
- If you do not pass an exam and need to retake that exam, the fee remains at $58 for each exam.
- Additional exam processing fees of $5 per exam will be added to your ODA license application fee for each exam that was not successfully completed (passed) on the first attempt. This will affect the following license types: Commercial Pesticide Applicator, Public Pesticide Applicator, Pesticide Consultant, and Pesticide Apprentice.
Which exams are available in Spanish?
- The Private Applicator and Laws & Safety exams are available in Spanish.
- When scheduling a Spanish exam through Metro Institute's website, please make sure to select "Private Applicator: Spanish" or "Laws and Safety — Spanish".
Where do I take my pesticide exam(s)?
Call 877-533-2900 or go to Metro Institute's website
to schedule an exam at one of the locations below. Click on the blue circles or the "+" symbol for more information.