Pesticide stewardship partnerships
- Identify potential concerns and improve water quality affected by pesticide use around Oregon.
- Combine local expertise in water quality sampling results to encourage voluntary changes in pesticide use and management practices.
- Find ways to reduce pesticide levels while measuring improvements in water quality and crop management.
- Work toward measurable environmental improvements, making Oregon waters safer for aquatic life and humans.
- Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Oregon State University (OSU) Extension Service
- Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA)
- Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF)
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
- Watershed and other natural resource groups
- Local landowners and growers
- Soil and water conservation districts
- Tribal governments
Stakeholder Advisory Group
In order to provide for more interaction between agency leadership, the Water Quality Pesticide Management Team (WQPMT) and stakeholders, a Stakeholder Advisory Group (SAG) has been initiated. The SAG membership represents a wide range of stakeholder interests including industry, applicators, environmental, and governmental interests. The purpose of this group will be to provide advice to the WQPMT and agency leadership on issues related to the administration of the Pesticide Stewardship Partnership. Members of this group consist of:
||Oregon Forest Resources Institute|
|Mary Anne Cooper
||Oregon Farm Bureau|
||Oregonians for Food and Shelter|
||Oregon Board of Agriculture|
||Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation|
||Oregon State University|
||Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District|
||Oregon Environmental Council|
||City of Newport, Oregon|
||Oregon Association of Nurseries|
||Walla Walla Basin Watershed Council |
Waste Pesticide Collection Program
This program collects unwanted/unusable pesticides, spray mixtures, and unrinsed pesticide containers from agricultural or commercial operations. Household pesticides can be disposed of through the Household Hazardous Waste Program.
Waste pesticide collection event scheduled for Nov. 20, 2020, in Ontario
A waste pesticide collection event
will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 20, 2020 at the J.R. Simplot facility, 1700 SW Fourth St., in Ontario. To participate, you must fill out the waste pesticide inventory form
and return it to Clean Harbors by Nov. 10. The inventory form provides customers with instructions on what and will not be accepted at this event as well as times and specific location information.