What is it?
This is a planning study of the Interstate 5 viaduct that runs through the city of Medford. The study will develop a priority list of specific improvement projects for the viaduct, including capacity, safety, and changes to the local road network.
Where is it?
The viaduct is located on Interstate 5 between the north Medford interchange (exit 30) and the south Medford interchange (exit 27).
What are the objectives?
• Protect the viaduct’s function;
• Develop concepts to improve safety and maximize operational efficiency;
• Evaluate the need for capacity improvements to address future needs based on the adopted comprehensive land use plans of Medford and Jackson County;
• Identify potential local system enhancements that maintain connectivity and complement the viaduct’s function;
• Coordinate the study’s efforts with other plans and projects in the study area; and
• Prioritize viaduct improvements with consideration for potential funding mechanisms.
We want to hear from you:
ODOT is looking for comments and input from the public!