Skip to the main content of the page

Food Benefits

​​​​​​​​​​​​SNAP Replacement Benefits

En español​

If you lost food purchased with SNAP or had your benefits stolen, we may be able to replace them.

If you ​were the victim of electronic theft and had benefits stolen from your EBT card

Act now – Cancel your c​ard immediately:

  • Outside of business hours: Call the 24-hour toll-free customer service line at 1-888-997-4447 to cancel your card and protect your benefits. Then call the replacement card line below during business hours to get a new card and PIN.

  • During business hours: Call the toll-free replacement card line at 1-855-328-6715 to order a replacement card. The replacement line is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You will get a replacement card by mail, usually within five business days.

ODHS can now replace SNAP bene​fits that were stolen electronically on or after Oct. 1, 2022.

People in Oregon whose SNAP benefits were stolen should request replacement benefits immediately.

  • People who know their SNAP benefits were stolen between Oct. 1, 2022, and ​​May 22, 2023, must request replacement benefits by June 21, 2023.

  • People who discover their benefits have been stolen after May 22, 2023 have 30 days from the date they discovered the benefits were stolen to request replacement benefits.​

Request replacement b​enefits

​How can I protect myself again​st electronic benefit theft like phishing and skimming?

  • Freeze your card immediately after each use and unfreeze it before making purchases. This can be done in the “Freeze Card" section under “Account Services" by visiting or using the ebtEdge mobile app.
  • Block purchases made outside of Oregon and online purchases. These blocks can be removed by you when necessary. This can be done in the “Protect My Account" section under “Account Services" by visiting or using the ebtEdge mobile app.
  • Keep your PIN secret. Do not share your PIN with anyone outside your household. Cover the keypad when you enter your PIN on a machine.
  • Check your EBT account regularly for unauthorized charges. If you notice any, cancel your ca​rd immediately.
  • Check card reading machines to make sure there's nothing suspicious overla​yed or attached to the card swiper or keypad. The overlays can be difficult to detect but are often bigger than the original machine and may hide parts of the machine.
  • Do not provide your EBT card number or PIN by phone or text. Sometimes scammers use text messages to obtain EBT card numbers and PINs, and steal SNAP benefits. These are known as phishing scams and are a type of fraud. ODHS will never send a text message to request your information.​​​

​If you l​ost food purchased with SNAP benefits due to storms, flooding, power outages or fire

You must request replacement benefits within 10 days of the food loss.

Act now – Contact us to request replacement benefits:

​Partner Information

SNAP Emergency Replacement Benefits Social Media Cards

​SNAP Skimming Replacement Benefits Social Media Cards​