Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Event and Entertainment Certification

What are the minimum standards for Private Security certification?
Private security providers must be:

  • At least 18 years of age; and
Must have earned one of the following:

  • A high school diploma; a General Education Development (GED) certificate; or a four-year, post-secondary degree issued by an accredited degree-granting college or university.

Be of good moral fitness as determined by a background check, department investigation or other reliable sources. A lack of good moral fitness includes, but is not limited to, mandatory and discretionary disqualifying misconduct as described in OAR 259-060-0310.

Please review the Background Check Information page to review mandatory and discretionary disqualifiers prior to applying for certification or licensure.

What training do I need to complete for Event and Entertainment Professional certification?
Event and Entertainment Online Training Information:

Event and Entertainment Online Training - New
Event and Entertainment Online Training - Renewal

How do I set up a new Workday account?

Workday New Learner Registration

Returning Workday Learners

Helpful Information regarding Workday:

Introductory to Event and Entertainment Certification
Workday Log In Instructions
Instructions for Printing Certificate in Workday

What forms do I need to submit for an Event and Entertainment Private Security certification?
Applicants must complete an application packet containing:
  1. PS-1 (Application for Licensure or Certification of Private Security Services Provider);

  2. A completed fingerprint card. The Department will supply pre-printed FBI fingerprint cards.  Proof of completing Fieldprint electronic fingerprints is also acceptable.

  3. Copies of Certificates of Completion of the Event and Entertainment course and exam.

  4. If currently employed, a completed Form PS-20 (Private Security Provider Temporary Work Permit)

  5. Nonrefundable certification or licensure fees