Skip to main content


Wartime veterans who have limited or no income may be eligible for the non-service-connected disability veterans pension, a tax-free monthly benefit paid by the federal VA. The financially struggling spouses and children of deceased wartime veterans may also be eligible for pension benefits.

It is highly recommended that you seek the free assistance of an ODVA-trained and certified veteran service officer, who can help you determine the benefits you may qualify for and walk you through the application process.

Benefits and Programs

Did you know?

Be alert for scams! Individuals and organizations are available to help you file a VA pension claim free of charge. 
Find A VSO

To start a claim, find a veteran service officer near you.

Find A VSO
Stay Informed

Sign up for updates from ODVA on Pensions below:

Latest News

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how