Skip to main content

Records & Medals

Whether you're seeking a correction of your military record, a review of your discharge, or obtaining copies of your DD-214 or your medals, read below to find out how to get started.

Benefits and Programs

Did you know?

On July 12, 1973, a disastrous fire at the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) destroyed approximately 16-18 million Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF). In the years following the fire, the NPRC collected numerous series of records (referred to as Auxiliary Records), including from ODVA, that are used to reconstruct basic service information.
Find A VSO

To start a claim, find a veteran service officer near you.

Find A VSO
Stay informed

Sign up for updates from ODVA on Records & Medals below.

Latest News

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how