Test your home. Protect your health.
The Oregon Radon Awareness Program educates the public on health hazards of radon gas, promotes radon testing and mitigation, and encourages radon-resistant new construction throughout the state.
Join Rachael's Radon Challenge "Buy 1, Gift 1"
Rachael Malmberg, a 32-year-old athlete and mother, who was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer is raising awareness through a "Buy 1, Gift
1" radon test kit offer, where the first test kit is only $16.98, including
return postage and analysis, and the second kit is free. The purchaser is
encouraged to give the second test kit to someone else and potentially save a
For a quick reference, visit our frequently asked questions page.
Recommendations for Health Providers
- Newly published Radon CD Summary "Radon in Oregon Homes: How testing can lower lung cancer risk"
- Important recommendations for healthcare providers, clinicians and all health practioners advising all patients to test their homes for radon
- Includes CME credits
Radon Risk Map - Updated January 2019
- The updated Radon Risk Map shows much of the state at risk
- The best time to test for radon is in the winter months when levels are expected to be at their highest
- All homes are advised to test, regardless of geographic region risk assigned