Receiving a Phone Call
There are a few things to know when receiving a phone call from an AIC:
- When an AIC calls you using the CenturyLink system for the first time, you will be prompted to validate your phone number if you have not already done so through ICSolutions.
- Once your number is validated, you will not need to enter this information again.
- Your phone number must be “validated” to receive phone calls and video visits.
- You can validate your phone number by setting up a free CenturyLink account through the CenturyLink website or at the registration kiosk in the lobby of the Salem Dome building.
- The maximum length of a call is 30 minutes.
- All phone calls are monitored and recorded and may be flagged for review for inappropriate or unauthorized content.
Another way to communicate by phone is to send an adult in custody a voicemail through CenturyLink. Once your phone number is validated and funded, you can leave a voicemail message for an AIC. Voicemail messages are only $0.50. To leave a voicemail, you will need to have the 4-digit PIN you created when you set up your online account and the AICs state ID number.
To leave a voicemail call: 1-877-831-0390.
There are a few different ways to pay for AIC phone calls. Visit our page on Sending Money for information on this topic.