Right of Way Engineering provides expertise to Oregon Department of Transportation staff and consultants in the preparation of right-of-way drawings and property descriptions.
- Drafting of property descriptions in preparation for sale, and leasing or renting of ODOT-owned property for the Right of Way Section.
- Preparation of exhibits for the jurisdictional transfer of obsolete segments of the state highway system to cities or counties.
- Preparation of drawings and descriptions for highway corridor and design resolution for the realignment of state highways.
- Preparation of exhibit drawings for use in legal proceedings that involve ODOT land acquisitions.
- Serve as a resource to ODOT and other state agencies, local governments and the public on right of way drawings and descriptions.
- Assist in determining existing right-of-way widths and alignments and ODOT's property rights.
To request service, please contact
Manuals, Guidance and Tools
Right of Way Engineering Manual
Right of Way Engineering Process Overview
Survey Filing Map Standards: Right of Way Monumentation
Survey Filing Map Standards: Control, Recovery, and Retracement Surveys
History of State Highways in Oregon
Working with the RW2d.dgn file
Updates and Tips
RITS Metadata Worksheet