Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Youth Trust Accounts

Every youth in an OYA facility is issued a youth trust account, which is a fund managed by OYA staff that is similar to a bank account. Money placed in a youth trust account can be used as personal spending money, can go toward funding college, or can be used to pay off restitution, fines, and fees.

Only those on a youth's approved contact list can put money on a youth's account.

Add money to a youth's account

To add money to a youth's account, you must send money to the youth's current facility, which handles it on site. Each facility handles trust accounts slightly differently. Visit your youth's facility page to learn more.

When mailing money, send a check or money order; do not mail cash. Please make out checks to Oregon Youth Authority with your youth's name on the memo line.

Allow up to 10 business days for the money to be added to the youth's account.

You may not give money directly to the youth.

To check the balance on a trust account, contact the youth's juvenile parole and probation officer.

Leaving OYA custody

To withdraw money from your trust account after leaving close custody or OYA custody, fill out this form and send it to:

Fax: 503-373-7921

For questions regarding a trust account, email Be sure to include the youth’s name, date of birth, and Juvenile Justice Information System (JJIS) number, if you know it.