Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Support OYA Foster Families and Youth

sign that says "As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person."

If you are not able to commit to being a full-time foster parent, here are other ways you can make a difference.

  • Respite care: You can become certified as a “respite foster parent” to provide temporary care for youth who are already in permanent foster homes. This allows permanent foster parents to go on trips or take a break for a few days. Contact your local certifier for information.
  • Mentoring: You can volunteer through OYA to become a mentor for a youth in foster care. Mentors help youth navigate things such as job hunting, positive social activities, and new hobbies. Contact your local certifier for information.
  • Volunteering: OYA has many volunteer opportunities for those motivated to work with and assist our youth in a positive way. Learn more on our Volunteer Opportunities page.