Subscribe to receive email notifications of site updates.
ODDS is committed to engaging with individuals, families, providers, and case management partners to gather feedback on policy and guidance proposals.
Policy and Guidance Feedback
ODDS is seeking feedback on the following proposed policies or worker guides. ODDS may include specific questions that will help guide our decision making however, we welcome all constructive feedback for improving our policies and guidance. ODDS will respond to comments and suggestions which will be posted with the final version of the policy or worker guide.
Everyone has a right to know about and use ODDS programs and services. ODDS provides free help. Some examples of the free help ODDS can provide are written materials in other languages, braille, large print, audio, or a format you prefer. If you need help or have questions, please email email@example.com or call at 503-945-5811. ODDS accepts calls from all forms of relay service.
What happens to my feedback?
When the proposal is finalized and published you can find ODDS responses to feedback along with the draft and final guidance on the
Update to the Attendant Care in a Hospital Setting Worker Guide
Summary: During the public health emergency, Congress gave states permission to allow attendant care-like services in an acute care hospital. Oregon amended the K-plan to make the option available permanently.
Draft Worker Guide: Attendant Care During an Inpatient Hospital Stay
Our questions for you:
1. Is it clear that a person who meets certain eligibility criteria and who has an authorized ISP that identifies the need, can use attendant care services even when there is no public health emergency?
2. How does this guidance directly or indirectly impact priority populations including: Tribes; racial, ethnic, and culturally-based communities; women; individuals who identify as LGBTQIA2S+; people with disabilities; religious minorities; veterans; individuals with limited English proficiency; immigrants; or refugees?
3. What specific changes would you recommend to eliminate potential harm or disparities related to service equity?
4. Will this create new work for case management entities?
5. What is the impact on the workload for case management entities?
Deadline: ODDS will be collecting feedback through July 3, 2023. Please send responses to this proposal to ODDS.Engagement@odhsoha.oregon.gov with "Attendant Care in a Hospital" as the subject line.
Interested in ODDS responses to previous draft proposals?
Visit our archive page for a copy of the proposed guidance, ODDS's responses, and the final document.
Workgroups and Rule Advisory Committees
Visit this section to learn about opportunities to participate in ODDS Workgroups and Rule Advisory Committees.