Hospitals, long-term care skilled nursing facilities, dialysis facilities and free-standing ambulatory surgical centers are required to report influenza vaccinations, documented contraindications, and informed declination rates for staff in accordance with
ORS 442.851 and
OAR 333-018-0000 through 333-018-0145.
There are two documents to assist in collecting data:
The deadline for the Healthcare Worker Influenza Vaccination Data for the 2020-2021 influenza season is May 31, 2021. Please note that failure to meet this deadline may result in fines up to $500 per day. All Oregon hospitals, skilled nursing facilities dialysis facilities, and free-standing ambulatory surgical centers are required to report influenza vaccinations, documented contraindications, and informed declarations for staff.
Hospitals (Acute Care Facilities)
Definition for counting healthcare personnel in an Acute Care Facility:
- Acute care hospital inpatient and outpatient counts are to be combined and submitted on a single influenza vaccination summary data form.
- Inpatient and outpatient units/departments must share the same CMS Certification Number (CCN) as the hospital AND be physically attached to the acute care facility OR be co-located on the same medical campus and function as units of the acute care facility.
Inpatient Rehabilitation facilities (IRFs), Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) and Outpatient Dialysis Facilities
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have removed the healthcare personal (HCP) Influenza Vaccination Summary Measure from certain quality reporting programs. The following facility types are no longer required to report HCP influenza vaccination summary data through NHSN beginning with the 2018 - 2019 influenza season for CMS quality reporting purposes:
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Inpatient psychiatric facilities
- Hospital outpatient departments
- Outpatient dialysis facilities
, the state of Oregon still requires these facilities to report this data by completing the survey found
Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)
Long-term care facilities must complete the Healthcare Worker Influenza Vaccination Survey by completing the survey found
NHSN Training Links
Monika Samper or call 971-673-1111 with any questions.
Healthcare Worker Influenza Vaccination Report
Visit our Publications page to find current and previous reports based on this data.