Reports from Oregonians are an important element of the enforcement of Oregon's environmental laws. Here are examples of complaints you can submit to DEQ.
- Unusual pollution from a facility
- Mismanagement of asbestos and hazardous waste
- Release of harmful chemicals, pollution or sewage to the ground or water
- Construction or other activity causing a stream or river to become murky
- Illegal dumping site
- Outdoor burning on state-designated non-burn days or burning illegal materials (rubber, plastic, tires, asbestos, food waste)
DEQ does not handle the following complaints
Make sure your complaint reaches the right agency. Click the links below to find contact information to the appropriate agency.
This includes illegal dwellings, abandoned RVs, noise, restaurant or woodstove smoke, and houseless camping:
Smoke and Burning
How to submit a pollution complaint
Spills of oil or releases of hazardous materials that pose a significant threat to human health or the environment, and other emergencies, should be reported to the Oregon Emergency Response System at 1-800-452-0311.
If you need immediate medical attention, call 911.
For pollution that is not an emergency, click the button below to report a pollution problem online. DEQ will not contact you unless we need more information or you request to be contacted.
Note: The online submission form should be opened using Chrome or Edge. Using Internet Explorer may cause a delay or a failure in opening the form.
Reporte problemas de contaminación en esta página de WEB. Si DEQ necesita más información, alguien se comunicará con usted.
Reporte problemas de contaminación en esta página de WEB, Un representante del DEQ hará contacto con usted dentro de dos días hábiles.
If you cannot use the web form, you can also report pollution problems by voicemail to DEQ. Please leave a detailed message, including:
- What is the problem?
- What is the specific location where the problem is coming from? (required)
- What kind of pollution is involved?
- How much pollution is there?
- Who is responsible for the pollution?
To leave a voicemail: 1-888-997-7888
DEQ will not contact you unless we need more information, or you request to be contacted. If you would like your name and contact information to be kept confidential, please indicate that in your message. This is not a 24/7 emergency response line. If this is an environmental or public health emergency due to pollution, please call 1-800-452-0311.