Solid Waste Disposal Site Permits

DEQ issues solid waste disposal site permits that authorize certain solid waste management activities. The following solid waste disposal site permits are issued by DEQ:
  • composting facility
  • incineration facility
  • solid waste treatment facility
  • conversion technology facility
  • landfill
  • transfer station/material recovery facility
  • energy recovery facility
  • solid waste letter authorization


Regional solid waste permit coordinators

If you are applying for a permit, you may need further guidance than can be provided through this web site. Please contact the permit coordinator for your region by calling direct or toll-free within Oregon, 1-800-452-4011. 

  • Eastern Region: 541-298-7255 x221
    Eastern Region counties include: Baker, Crook, Deschutes, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Hood River, Jefferson, Klamath, Lake, Malheur, Morrow, Sherman, Umatilla (including Milton-Freewater), Union, Wallowa, Wasco, and Wheeler.
  • Northwest Region: 503-229-5263
    Northwest Region counties include: Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Multnomah, Tillamook, and Washington.
  • Western Region: 541-687-7465
    Western Region counties include: Benton, Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Polk, and Yamhill.