Skip to main content

Motor Carrier Account Information

Please Note – Renewal Season 2021 starts November 2, 2020.

Operating in Oregon

Register or Change a Business Name

  1. Complete an Application for Oregon Motor Carrier Account.
  2. Complete Schedule A — Oregon IRP and IFTA Combined Application, if participating in these programs.
  3. Return application forms to our Commerce and Compliance Division Registration Offices listed under Contact Us.

Out-of-State Requirements

  • A corporation needs the Corporate Certificate of Standing showing date and status of incorporation.
  • An LLC needs a copy of the articles of organization.

Oregon Requirements

  • An Assumed Business Name and/or legal entity name must be on file with the Oregon Secretary of State, Corporation Division.
  • Contact our registration office with any questions.
Business Change of Ownership
If a company is changing ownership, an Oregon Motor Carrier Account Application must be submitted in the new ownership name so a new account can be established.
Change of ownership examples include:
  • Individual or partnership to a corporation.
  • Partnership to an individual, etc.

​Any motor carrier registered to operate in Oregon can apply for a password to access our secure Oregon Trucking Online website to complete transactions, check status, manage account information and more.

How Do I Set Up an Oregon Trucking Online Account?

  1. Set up an account with the Commerce and Compliance Division.
  2. Go to the Oregon Trucking Online website to Request a PIN.
  3. Follow the instructions on the PIN Request Form.
  4. The PIN Request Form must be signed by an Owner, Partner, LLC Member/Manager, Corporate Officer or someone possessing a Power of Attorney. The POA must be on file or attached or it will be returned.
  5. Fax or mail your PIN Request Form to the Motor Carrier Transportation Division.
  6. Upon Approval, you will receive a confirmation email with a temporary PIN password.
  7. Login to Oregon Trucking Online with your name, file number and temporary password and change to a
    permanent password.

You need to establish an account to operate in Oregon when:

  • Any one vehicle exceeds five temporary passes.
  • A motor carrier account exceeds 35 temporary passes within one twelve month period.
  • Operating trucks with a combined weight over 26,000 pounds.
  • Operating trucks weighing 26,000 pounds or less and hauling for-hire.

For a list of vehicles exempt from motor carrier regulation, see ORS 825.015 and 825.017.

Motor Carrier Account
Motor Carrier Identification Report — Application for U.S. DOT Number
Application for Oregon Motor Carrier Account
Signature Addendum to Motor Carrier Account
Billing Authorization
Power of Attorney
Voluntary Discontinuance of Authority
Assumed Business Name and other Business Registration Services — Oregon Secretary of State, Corporation Division Forms
Charitable Organizations Fact Sheet
Other Applications
Authority to Transport Intrastate Private or For-Hire Commodities
Oregon Class 1A Permit Application — For-hire carrier hauling property, other than household goods, from point to point within Oregon
Application for Oregon Intrastate Permit to Transport Passengers — Regular Route Full Service Scheduled Transportation
Application for Oregon Intrastate Permit to Transport Persons — Irregular Route Service
  • Includes sightseeing tour operations and/or seasonal regular route operations.
  • Not in regular route full-service scheduled transportation.
  • New companies use this form to sign up.
Carriers with established accounts use this form to:
  • Request a new PIN.
  • Update their business contact information and email address.
Apportioned Registration
The following forms are for Oregon-based motor carriers who operate vehicles in other states.
Note: The Oregon Apportioned Registration Program made changes to how International Registration Applications are processed. The intent of the changes is to ensure we are adequately reviewing basing materials to comply with the International Registration Plan.
Schedule A — Oregon IRP and IFTA Combined Application
Apply for a new account, create a new fleet or use for annual renewal.
Schedule B — Report Oregon IRP mileage and identify your operations.
Schedule C — Apportioned Registration Form (Oregon Truck, Tractor and Bus Addition / Update).
Schedule C-T — Oregon IRP Tow / Toter Addition / Update
Schedule R — Oregon Proof of Residency
International Registration Plan Requirements Form — New
No Operations Affidavit
Plate Affidavit
IFTA Request Additional Decals — for IFTA only

Established Place of Business in Oregon

  • Needs street address.
  • Open business hours.
  • Employee and records on premise.

Proof of Oregon Residency

  • Oregon Driver’s License.
  • Vehicle Titled in Oregon.
  • Utility Bills in Oregon.
  • Corporation Registered in Oregon.
  • Oregon personal income tax or Federal tax filed from Oregon address.
  • Complete a Class 1A Permit Application and pay a one-time fee if based in Oregon.
  • Vehicles over 10,000 pounds need a U.S. DOT number.
  • Business or corporation registered.
  • Get a federal Taxpayer Identification Number.
  • Unified Carrier Registration over 10,000 pounds pay annual fees to fund safety and enforcement programs.
  • Name of drug and alcohol testing facility.
  • Meet federal insurance requirements.
  • Meet Oregon insurance requirements if your business is based in Oregon.
  • Surety Bond.
  • Motor Carrier Authority Application.

Note: Only Interstate For-Hire needs a Federal Certificate of Authority to be legal (Federal Motor Carrier Number-MC#).

​A carrier must file a Power of Attorney Form when hiring an agent or reporting another service or person that is not an employee of the company to:

  • File applications for establishing accounts, taxes and registrations.
  • Prepare, sign and submit documents and checks that may be necessary for filing highway-use tax reports.
  • Sign highway-use tax bonds.
  • File renewal forms.
  • Direct correspondence and plates to another address.


Contact Us

Salem Headquarters
Oregon Department of Transportation
Commerce and Compliance Division
3930 Fairview Industrial Drive SE
Salem OR 97302-1166
Jantzen Beach/Portland Bridge
I-5 and Oregon/Washington Border
12348 N. Center Ave.
Portland OR 97217-7871
Hours of Operation (Pacific Time)
Offices: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Salem Contact Service Center
5 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Seven days a week

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how