Renewable Energy Development Grants, or RED grants, support individuals and organizations that are investing in renewable energy systems.
RED grants are awarded competitively. ODOE typically releases a grant opportunity each winter.
What projects qualify?
RED grants are awarded for renewable energy systems that produce electricity using:
- Landfill Gas
- Wave, tidal, or ocean thermal energy
Am I eligible?
Individuals, businesses, nonprofits, tribes, or other organizations that plan to install renewable energy systems at a business or a residential rental property in Oregon are eligible to apply.
How much is the grant?
We award grants up to $250,000 per project, not to exceed 35 percent of the project’s eligible costs.
- Prior to any construction/installation, read the current offering.
- Fill out the Red Grant Application and send it to ODOE prior to the due date.
- ODOE will competitively score applications, and notify grant recipients.
- If your project changes during construction/installation, fill out an amendment request.
- Once the project is completed, fill out the Red Grant Final Report.
- Once ODOE receives and reviews the Final Report, grant funds will be distributed.