Please use our public records request form to initiate a records search. Please be specific about the type of documents you seek.
Responding to Your Request
Once your request has been received, an ODOE staff member will be in touch with more information:
- We may request additional information or clarification to expedite our response.
- We'll let you know whether or not ODOE has the requested records, plus details on how accessible the records are.
- We'll provide you with an estimate of the time and fees, if applicable, required to obtain the records.
- We'll communicate any applicable state or federal law that prohibits the disclosure of records requested, including citations of relevant laws.
Oregon Public Records Law allows agencies to recover
actual costs to fulfill a public records request. There is no charge for the first 30 minutes of staff time. If an estimated fee is greater than $25, ODOE
will provide you with written notice of the estimated cost. Many public records
requests made to ODOE are large, covering years of potential material. We will work with you to focus requests to minimize response time and
costs. In instances where a fee is estimated, we will not fulfill the request
until we have written confirmation that you want to proceed.
- Clerical: $25 per hour
- Professional/technical: $40 per hour
- Information technology: $75 per hour
- Actual attorney fees charged
to the department for the cost of time spent by an attorney reviewing the
request and the resulting records, redacting material from public records, or
segregating the public records into exempt and non-exempt records.