Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Change a Divorce Record

In-person customer assistance to change vital records is not available.

Amendment order processing times vary depending on amendment type and age of record. Click here for current estimations.

If you submitted a request and processing fee, the date your check or money order is cashed represents the verification of receipt. It also helps you estimate the time remaining before your request is processed.

  • Requests are reviewed and processed in the order they were received. If there are any issues with your request, you will be contacted at that time.

We are working diligently to reduce the turnaround times. If your request has not been processed after the current estimation times, please contact us at or call (971) 673-1147.

We appreciate your patience, thank you.

Under Oregon law, county courts have primary responsibility for approving dissolution of marriage judgments (divorce decrees). When a divorce judgment is approved by a judge, a second form called a dissolution of marriage certificate (divorce certificate) is signed by the court clerk and forwarded to the State Vital Records Office for filing, if the certificate form was filled out and submitted with the divorce judgment to the court. 

All requests to change an Oregon divorce certificate must be approved by the county court that approved the divorce judgment.

  • To request a correction, use the Oregon County Court Information Finder to find the county contact information for the county that approved the dissolution of marriage .
  • If the court approves an amendment or correction, a request will be sent to the State Vital Records Office to change the certificate. No amendment fee is required for these corrections.
  • If you received a certified divorce certificate from the State Vital Records Office within the last year and the record has been corrected, it may be returned for a free replacement certificate. You must return it within a year of the issue date. 

If you know a county court has submitted a request to change a divorce certificate, you may check on the status of the amendment by emailing