Oregon Vital Events Registration System
OVERS provides a secure Web-based environment that supports convenient, stable and flexible operations from the creation of records to the production of certified copies and statistical reporting.
- June 2022: New way to sign/certify a record in OVERS
- For technical assistance, call the OVERS Help Desk Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
June 2022: New Way to sign/certify a record in OVERS
Change: In June of 2022, a new method to sign or certify vital records that does not require a biometric device, signature pad or authenticator app will be implemented.
What this means:
- A User Acknowledgment will be added that must be accepted each time when logging into OVERS.
- OVERS will be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance and updates.
- New Process to certify records will be implemented that includes new Affirmation Statements.
- Biometric devices, signature pad and authenticator app will be disabled.
- Internet Explorer (IE) should no longer be used with OVERS.
Using OVERS Just Got Easier - Handout
Password Reset Functionality
All user groups can access the password reset functionality in OVERS. This functionality allows OVERS users to reset their password electronically after getting locked out or if they forget their password. You will no longer need to call the OVERS Help Desk to reset your password.
Click on the "Forgot your password?" link under the username field, the next screen will require a username and a Captcha security code. Continue through the prompts to receive an email with the temporary password. Once you have received the email, you can log back into OVERS and reset the password.
If you need any assistance, please call the OVERS Help Desk at 971-673-0279. The OVERS Help Desk team is available Mondays through Fridays (except state holidays) from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Self-Paced Trainings Available
Self-paced training is on our website 24/7, allowing you to follow and interact with computer-based training content from any computer with an internet connection at anytime. With these trainings, you can take breaks and learn at your own pace.
See all available trainings
These walkthroughs describe how to do frequently asked about everyday tasks in OVERS. All links are in PDF format.
See all available FAQs