The Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP) provides funding assistance to eligible individuals in need of cancer treatment.
Individuals who qualify do not need to be enrolled in ScreenWise in order to access BCCTP.
As of January 1, 2022, the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) expanded the CWM (Citizenship Waived Medical) benefit package to include cancer treatment as an emergency service. This change allows CWM members in need of breast or cervical cancer treatment access to care through OHP (Oregon Health Plan). This network of providers includes care through the Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP). BCCTP provides eligible individuals with medical assistance to cover treatment for qualifying breast or cervical cancer diagnoses.
Who is eligible?:
What is CWM?
- CWM (Citizenship Waived Medical) is emergency only medical coverage.
- Emergency services have expanded to include cancer treatment as of 01/22.
- It is for non-citizens who 1) are 19 or older 2) do not meet OHP (Oregon Health Plan) immigration status requirements.
How can a person enroll?
any provider who determines that an individual needs treatment for breast or cervical cancer.
- The provider must complete the application.
- By completing the application, the provider will determine eligibility.
When does coverage begin for a patient?
- Once the faxed application is received by OHP, the individual will have coverage by the following day. OHP will start to pay for the treatment from the date of the diagnosis. OHP may also pay for outstanding medical bills related to the diagnosis, if the individual would have met eligibility criteria on that date.
What if I still have questions:
- Providers can contact Provider Services at 1-800-336-6016.
- Members can contact Client Services at 1-800-273-0557.
BCCTP Application and Referral Form
Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Application Guide
To enroll in this program
Follow the application guidelines referenced above and contact the
Oregon Health Plan directly at 1-800-699-9075 to apply or follow-up on the status of an application.
Contact information for OHP members or Providers:
If you are an Oregon Health Plan, OHP, member and have questions about your services and what is covered, contact the
If you are
a provider and have questions about services and what is covered:
o and the
member is enrolled in a Coordinated Care Organization (CCO), please contact the CCO.
o and the
member is not enrolled in a CCO but has“Open Card”/”Fee-for-Service” status please contact
OHP Provider Services: 1-800-336-6016.