To obtain Oregon licensure, all reciprocity applicants must pass any written or practical exam(s) for each field in which they wish to obtain a license.
The fees required for licensure include:
- Verification of licensure
- Application fee
- Oregon Laws and Rules examination
- Each written examination
- And, after you pass the exams, you will pay a licensure fee for each field of practice.
Basic information on testing at the HLO:
- The written examinations are conducted on a walk-in basis (no appointment necessary).
- HLO office hours to begin testing are Monday 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Tuesday 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and Wednesday through Friday 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Applicants who are taking two or more examinations should arrive as early as possible (no later than noon) to complete their examinations by 4:30 p.m. at the latest.
- Applicants who do not allow enough time to complete their exams will be turned away.
Please bring two forms of acceptable original identification issued by a federal, state or local government agency of the United States. One form of identification must be photographic, and the names on each ID must match each other and your license, or you must bring court documentation showing the name change.
After passing the required examinations and paying all fees, you will receive your Oregon license the same day.