The Oregon ScreenWise Program works with a statewide network of providers that offer a variety of breast cancer, cervical cancer, and genetics services for uninsured and underinsured patients. Our mission is to reduce cancer burden by promoting early detection, evidence-based care, risk factor screening, education, linkage to medical treatment, and surveillance for the public.
For more information on program details and operations, see the ScreenWise Program Manual.
Patient Eligibility – Effective May 1, 2018
A patient must meet the following requirements to be enrolled in ScreenWise:
- Age 21-49 and needing breast or cervical cancer
- Age 50 or older and needing breast or cervical
cancer screening or diagnostic services.
- Location¥¥: A
patient must live or intend to live in Oregon.
- Income¥¥: A
patient must have a household income at or below 250% of Federal Poverty Level.
Insurance status¥¥: A
patient must either have no health insurance OR have health insurance,
but not enough to cover their needs.
For further guidance on eligibility changes please see the 2018 Eligibility Change FAQ document. For general program guidance or further questions, providers can contact the ScreenWise program at 971-673-0581.
¥ Need for diagnostic
services to be determined by clinician
Income and Insurance information is self-declared by client
- Enroll patients into ScreenWise;
- Conduct patient screening, diagnostics and referrals;
- Refer eligible women with a qualifying cancer diagnosis to the Oregon Health Plan for treatment;
- For diagnosed women ineligible for Medicaid, identify and refer to free or low-cost sources of treatment.
Looking for a Provider?
All providers in the ScreenWise network must adhere to Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs).