ScreenWise New Forms: Coming January 1st
Effective January 1st 2019, all ScreenWise providers will need to use the new form formats for all patients being newly enrolled or those being re-enrolled. For patients that were enrolled prior to January 1st 2019, providers will need to have their results and abnormal follow up recorded on the old/existing forms.
OLD Form cut off dates / NEW form implementation:
- Monday, December 31st: last day to enroll using the old Intake Packet forms
- Tuesday, January 1st: new forms go LIVE, all new enrollments must be completed using new forms on and after January 1, 2019
- Monday, April 1st: all result and abnormal follow-up forms need to be submitted on new forms regardless of enrollment date
ScreenWise will be conducting training webinars on the new forms throughout the month of December. These webinars will all be identical but held at 7 different days and times to provide increased access. Please register for webinars here https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/8812127595217549827*. Audio/Video form tutorials are available on the ScreenWise Website.
The Oregon ScreenWise Program works with a statewide network of providers that offer a variety of breast cancer, cervical cancer, and genetics services for uninsured and underinsured patients. Our mission is to reduce cancer burden by promoting early detection, evidence-based care, risk factor screening, education, linkage to medical treatment, and surveillance for the public.
Patient Eligibility – Effective May 1, 2018
A patient must meet the following requirements to be enrolled in ScreenWise:
- Age 21-49 and needing breast or cervical cancer
- Age 50 or older and needing breast or cervical
cancer screening or diagnostic services.
- Location¥¥: A
patient must live or intend to live in Oregon.
- Income¥¥: A
patient must have a household income at or below 250% of Federal Poverty Level.
Insurance status¥¥: A
patient must either have no health insurance OR have health insurance,
but not enough to cover their needs.
For further guidance on eligibility changes please see the 2018 Eligibility Change FAQ document. For general program guidance or further questions, providers can also call the 211info Provider Line at (971) 277-6816 and speak with a ScreenWise Specialist.
¥ Need for diagnostic
services to be determined by clinician
Income and Insurance information is self-declared by client
- Enroll patients into ScreenWise;
- Conduct patient screening, diagnostics and referrals;
- Refer eligible women with a qualifying cancer diagnosis to the Oregon Health Plan for treatment;
- For diagnosed women ineligible for Medicaid, identify and refer to free or low-cost sources of treatment.
- Call 211 or 1-877-255-7070
All providers in the ScreenWise network must adhere to Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs).