Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Wallowa County Public Health Services

Message to Wallowa County Public Health Clients and Partners

The Wallowa County Board of Commissioners voted unanimously in April 2018 to transfer its local public health authority to the state. As a result, Oregon Health Authority now provides limited public health services in Wallowa County. 

Public Health Services

Services provided by OHA

As of May 1, 2018, OHA assumed responsibility for limited public health services to protect the public’s health, including:

  • Monitoring communicable diseases and controlling outbreaks
  • Enforcing the Indoor Clean Air Act
  • Ensuring access to safe drinking water
  • Ensuring access to WIC services
  • Licensing and inspecting food, pool and lodging facilities

For individual health care needs, please contact a local primary health care provider.

OHA Services and Contacts

If you are experiencing a public health emergency, dial 911 or call the Wallowa County Sheriff’s office at 541-426-3131.




Animal BitesWallowa County Sheriff's Office

Winding Waters Public Health Hotline:

24/7 Communicable Disease and Outbreak Reporting

Winding Waters Public Health Hotline (disease and outbreak reporting in Wallowa County):

24-hour disease reporting (OHA 24-hour on-call epidemiologist):

FAX 971-673-1100

Getting support during isolation and quarantine:
For individuals needing wraparound supports (including assistance with food, lodging, medications, or identifying and signing up for longer term supports) during isolation and quarantine please contact:

Winding Waters Public Health Hotline:

Drinking Water Services

Including water testing

OHA Drinking Water Services Program
971-673-0405 - Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
 503-704-1174 Evenings and weekends

Food, Pools and Lodging

Including licensing and inspection

OHA environmental health inspections for restaurants, pools and lodging

Indoor Clean Air Act (ICAA) / Tobacco

To file a complaint about a possible ICAA violation:

For all other questions: 

Lead Poisoning and Pesticide Exposure Reporting Lead poisoning reporting
Fax 971-673-0457

Pesticide exposure reporting


For immunization services and information:

Contact Winding Waters Clinic, another local primary health care provider or 211 info

Memo for Residential Care Facilities in Wallowa County

For other immunization questions:

Winding Waters Clinic

Reproductive Health

For reproductive health services and information: 

Contact Winding Waters Clinic 

For other reproductive health questions:

WIC Services

Winding Waters Clinic

Vital Records
Wallowa County Vital Records Office
All Hazards Emergency (earthquake, storms, wildfire, etc.)

Wallowa County Department of Emergency Services