The Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) is responsible for the registration, regulation and oversight of medical marijuana in Oregon, including medical marijuana growers and grow sites. OMMP growers are individuals designated by a patient to produce marijuana for the patient. The patient may designate themselves or another person as their grower.
Important Reporting and Tracking Information
Growers are required to understand and comply with reporting and tracking requirements. Failure to do so may result in civil penalties or revocation of your registration.
Reporting and Tracking Requirements How to Designated a GSA
Information for Growers
OMMOS Sign-in / Create account
A grower may start growing for their patient on the effective date found on the grower's registration card.
- Must be
21 years of age or older. (OAR 333-008-0025)
- Cannot have been convicted of a Class A or Class B felony under ORS 475.752 to 475.920 for the
manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance in Schedule I or Schedule II within the previous two years or more than once. (OAR 333-008-0025)
- Cannot be growing for more than
8 patients at a time. (OAR 333-008-0550)
- Cannot grow more than
6 mature plants per patient. (OAR 333-008-0560)
- Must abide by the mature plant maximum determined by their
grow site address zoning. (OAR 333-008-0560)
Plant Limits Chart
In addition, a grow site fee, along with reporting and tracking may be required. Qualifying grow sites will be notified by the program. Failure to comply may result in the grow site not becoming registered or the grower cards being revoked
Grow Site Fee
The grow site registration fee is
WHO MUST PAY
Growers must pay the grow site registration fee
IF they are:
Growing for another person; or
Growing at a site other than their home; or
Growing more than 12 plants; or
Transferring excess product to processors or dispensaries.
TO BE EXEMPT from paying the grow site registration fee,
ALL of the following must be true:
- You are growing
only for yourself; and
- You are growing at your own residence where there are 12 or fewer mature plants;
- You are not transferring product to an OHA processing site or dispensary. (OAR 333-008-0630)
WHEN AND HOW TO PAY
- Payment is due when the patient is
applying for the first time,
renewing their registration, or making a change to designate a new grower.
OMMP will notify a grower when a patient submits a new or renewal application that lists them as the grower.
- The notification will instruct you to
sign-in to your online OMMOS account and pay the grower fee.
- Online payment can only be made with a
credit or debit card.
- The grower card will not be issued until the grow site registration fee payment is received. If the payment is not received by the due date, the grower and grow site will be removed.
- The grower card will be mailed to the grower after the grow site registration fee payment is received.
- Most growers are required to comply with reporting and tracking requirements.
- Some growers are exempt from these requirements.
- See the Grower section on our
Reporting Requirements page for details.
Creating an Online OMMOS Account
Water Resources Information
Medical marijuana growers are required to comply with laws pertaining to water use as administered by the Oregon Water Resources Department (OWRD) and shall maintain records as necessary to demonstrate compliance. (OAR 333-008-0550(16))
House Bill 4061, passed by the Oregon Legislature in 2022, provides OWRD with additional enforcement tools to curb unauthorized water use at locations growing cannabis, as well as establishing new provision related to water hauling.
All questions regarding legal water use should be directed to OWRD. Visit the OWRD
website for more information. Contact information for OWRD may be found at the bottom of their website.
Growers can email
MMG.email@example.com or call 971-673-1234.
Note: OMMP is bound by strict confidentiality rules and cannot discuss confidential information through email.