Skip to main content Homepage

Cannabis Testing Laboratories

As of October 1, 2016, all marijuana items must be sampled and tested according to OAR 333-007-2000 and 333-064-0100 to 333-064-0110.

Information for Laboratories

ORELAP accreditation

For information about laboratory accreditation for testing Cannabis:

Laboratory reporting requirements

Laboratories that perform testing must notify the overseeing state agency if any of the following is found during testing:

  • Any failed test result (except failed water activity)
  • Any pesticide test result with a "detected" level
  • Tentative Identified Compounds (TICs)

Failed test results must be reported to the overseeing state agency by the testing laboratory within 24 hours of completion of the laboratory's data review and approval procedures. Results must be reported at the same time or before reporting to the grower or processor. If tests are sub-contracted out by a laboratory, the primary laboratory is responsible for reporting results to the overseeing state agency.

To notify OMMP of failed test results

Submit the following to within 24 hours:

Control study information

The processor or processing site must fill out the control study certification form and give it to the primary testing laboratory. After the testing laboratory has completed testing and all tests received passing results, the laboratory must fill in the required information on the control study certification form. To receive approval for a control study, the laboratory that performed the testing for the processing site needs to submit the following information to the overseeing state agency:

  • Completed Control Study Certification Form;
  • A copy of all test results;
    • A data sheet showing the requirements for a control study have been met; and
    • For Medical Marijuana Registered Processors: 
    • For OLCC Licensed Processors: 
      • Laboratories may send control study information related to recreational processors to:

    Approved Testing Laboratories

    Laboratories used for testing must be both accredited by ORELAP and licensed by OLCC.

    A laboratory must appear on both lists and may only perform testing and/or sampling according to their accreditation.

    Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how