Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

What is a JPPO?

woman talks to youth at table
When a youth comes to OYA, they are assigned a juvenile parole and probation officer from the county where they were adjudicated or convicted. As the primary case manager, the JPPO can answer questions and work with youth and their families to help plan a youth’s time in OYA custody.

A youth’s JPPO will be the same during their time in OYA custody, regardless of where they are living.

For DOC youth: As long as a youth is in OYA’s care, that youth will be assigned a JPPO. When they leave an OYA facility, they will be assigned a PO from the Department of Corrections or local community corrections.

What is a Transition JPPO?

Nearly every region in the state has a transition juvenile parole and probation officer. This role is to develop resources for youth when they transition from one location to the next while in OYA custody. Some examples of what a transition JPPO does to help youth include helping them with:

  • developing job skills
  • navigating educational resources
  • finding housing
  • locating health resources