Pharmacist in Charge Information & Resources
PIC Training Program Information & Online Registration
In an effort to provide as much assistance as possible to Oregon pharmacists who have taken PIC positions, the Board’s compliance staff offers a PIC training course.
(2) In order to be a PIC, a pharmacist must have:
(a) Completed at least one year of pharmacy practice; or
(b) Completed a Board approved PIC training course either before the appointment or within 30 days after the appointment.
Due to COVID-19, the PIC training course is being held will held via a virtual meeting. Pharmacists must complete all 3 parts of the course to earn a PIC training course certificate. This certificate will provide the participant with three hours of Oregon CE credit in law (1hr), patient safety (1hr) and other (1hr).
- Part 1: Attend/watch the live course presentation (virtual/ live)- Approximately 2 hours
- Part 2: Participate in a live Q/A session (virtual/ live)- Approximately 45 minutes
- Part 3: Complete and pass a quiz on the presentation (virtual/ anytime)- Approximately 15 minutes
**To attend the upcoming PIC training course on June 22, 2021 9AM-12PM, complete the PIC Training Program online registration form below by June 15, 2021.
Classes will be held on the following dates:
- June 22, 2021 9AM to 12PM
If you are unable to attend the June 2021 offering of this course, future training course dates will be announced thru December 2021.