Pharmacy Technician License Information
*Application processing time is approximately 4-6 weeks, but may be longer depending on the circumstances.
*All fees are non-refundable.
On February 10, 2022, the Oregon Board of Pharmacy adopted temporary rules regarding Pharmacy Technician licensure, found in Oregon Administrative Rules Chapter 855, Divisions 025, 021 and 110.
These changes remove barriers to licensure and provide an option for a Pharmacy Technician to renew the license in even years (2022, 2024, etc.).
This means, the license you are currently applying for will expire on 6/30/2022. This will require license renewal and the full renewal fee of $104.00 for the period of 7/1/2022 - 6/30/2024.
Because renewal will be required in 2022, the license fee is currently reduced to $50.00. This does not include the additional national background check fee of $46.25. The Board will not "hold" license issuance for a July 1st issue date due to the reduced application fee. Your license application will be processed and issued once an application is complete.
Submission of an application does not guarantee an issue date. Each application is processed on a case-by-case basis and processing time cannot be estimated.
Pharmacy Technicians and Certified Pharmacy Technicians must be at least 18 years of age and have completed high school (or equivalent) per Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) 855-025-0010(1)
Apply for Pharmacy Technician Licensure
to "register"/create a new personal account, or log into an existing eGov account to apply for a Pharmacy Technician license.
- Fees: $96.25
- $50.00 application fee
- $46.25 national fingerprint background check fee
- An original 2”x 2” passport/visa style photograph taken within the past 6 months
- Personal Identification - Either a copy of your birth certificate AND a color copy of the front and back of your signed state issued photo ID OR a color copy of your signed U.S. Passport.
- If you were born outside of the United States, submit a color copy of your country passport and work visa or country passport & Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or country birth certificate & naturalization document or residency card.
- If you have been arrested or cited for violations of the law, the following items are required to be submitted online:
- A written description of the incidents that led to each arrest/charge and the surrounding circumstances
- Copies of all police reports
- Court documents
- Other related documents
Once your completed application, licensing fees and fingerprint processing fee* have been received and reviewed by the Board, the instructions to complete your fingerprints will be available to download in "Documents" of your online eGov account. Please allow 2-3 business days for the instructions to be emailed to the address provided on the application.
*There is an additional $12.50 fee that is required when you schedule your fingerprint appointment at a Fieldprint facility near you. Your fingerprints will be electronically submitted to the Oregon State Police and the results will be sent to the Oregon Board of Pharmacy.
*Please allow up to 30 days for the Oregon State Police to process your fingerprints.
*You WILL NOT be allowed to work as a Pharmacy Technician after your license expires unless you have received your Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician license or you renew your pharmacy technician license.
Laws & Rules
Resources & Forms