Key Performance Measures
The Oregon Board of Pharmacy serves to promote and protect public health, safety and welfare by ensuring high standards in the practice of pharmacy and through effective regulation of the manufacture and distribution of drugs.
The Board has five approved annual key performance measures including:
- Percent of inspected pharmacies that are in compliance annually
- Percent of audited pharmacists who complete continued education on time
- Percent of pharmacies inspected annually
- Average number of days to complete an investigation from complaint to board presentation
- Percent of customers rating their satisfaction with the agency's customer service as "Good" or "Excellent"
- Overall customer service, timeliness, accuracy, helpfulness, expertise & availability of information
- Board Best Practices - Percent of total best practices met by the Board