Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician Information
Application processing time is approximately 4-6 weeks, but may be longer depending on the circumstances.
*All fees are non-refundable.
**NOTICE TO ALL NEW APPLICANTS
If you have passed a national certification exam through PTCB
(Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) or the ExCPT
(National Healthcareer Association) you are eligible to apply for a Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician license.
Apply for Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician Licensure
Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician licenses expire June 30th of even years. Current licensure fees can be found in OAR 855-110. The current fee for the National fingerprint-based background check is $46.25.
to register/create a new personal account, or log into an existing eGov account to apply for a Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician license.
- Fees: $146.25
- $100.00 application fee
- $46.25 national fingerprint background check fee
- An original 2”x 2” passport/visa style photograph taken within the past 6 months
- A copy of your national certification through either NHA or PTCB
- Personal Identification - Either a copy of your birth certificate AND a color copy of the front and back of your state issued photo ID OR a color copy of your signed U.S. Passport.
- If you were born outside of the United States, submit a color copy of your country passport and work visa or country passport & Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or country birth certificate & naturalization document or residency card.
- If you answered yes to any questions in the moral turpitude section the following items are required to be submitted:
- A detailed written description of the incident(s); and
- Police report(s); and
- Court document(s); and
- Board Order(s); and
- Other related document(s); and
- If agencies involved do not have any record of the incident(s), you are required to obtain and submit a document from them stating that there is no record and for what reason
Failure to provide these records with your application will lengthen the time it takes to process your application. Refusal to provide these records will make your application incomplete, and ineligible for processing. The review of your documentation may lengthen the application processing time. If you have previously reported and provided the required documentation on a previous application, you do not need to resubmit the documentation.
Once your completed application, licensing fees and fingerprint processing fee* have been received and reviewed by the board, the instructions to complete your fingerprints will be available to download in "Documents" of your online eGov account. Please allow 2-3 business days for the instructions to be emailed to the address provided on the application.
*There is an additional $12.50 fee that is required when you schedule your fingerprint appointment at a Fieldprint facility near you. Your fingerprints will be electronically submitted to the Oregon State Police and the results will be sent to the Oregon Board of Pharmacy.
*Please allow an average of 30 days for the Oregon State Police to process your fingerprints.
Laws & Rules