Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician Information
Application processing time is approximately 4-6 weeks, but may be longer depending on the circumstances.
*All fees are non-refundable
**NOTICE TO ALL NEW APPLICANTS
If you have passed a national certification exam and hold an active national certification
(Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) or the ExCPT
(National Healthcareer Association) you are eligible to apply for a Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician license.
Apply for Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician Licensure
- Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician licenses expire June 30th of even years
to register/create a new personal account, or log into an existing eGov account to apply for a Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician license.
- $100.00 application fee
- $41.25 national fingerprint background check (not required if fingerprint background check requirement completed in last 12 months)
- An original 2”x 2” passport/visa style photograph taken within the past 6 months
- Personal Identification - Either a copy of your birth certificate AND a color copy of the front and back of your state issued photo ID OR a color copy of your signed U.S. Passport.
- If you have been arrested or cited for violations of the law other than simple traffic infractions such as speeding or parking tickets, the following items are required to be submitted:
- A written description of the incidents that led to each arrest/charge and the surrounding circumstances
- Copies of all police reports
- Court documents
- Other related documents
Once your completed application, licensing fees and fingerprint processing fee* have been received and reviewed by the Board, the instructions to complete your fingerprints will be available to download in "Documents" of your online eGov account. Please allow 2-3 business days for the instructions to be available for download.
*There is an additional $12.50 fee that is required when you schedule your fingerprint appointment at a Fieldprint facility near you. Your fingerprints will be electronically submitted to the Oregon State Police and the results will be sent to the Oregon Board of Pharmacy.
*Please allow an average of 30 days for the Oregon State Police to process your fingerprints.
Laws & Rules