The Oregon Board of Pharmacy is seeking participants to serve on a workgroup concerning Collaborative Drug Therapy Management (CDTMs) and Clinical Pharmacy Agreement (CPAs). Workgroups are comprised of persons and communities who have subject matter expertise, will likely to be affected by the proposed rules, and can provide input on proposed rules before they become effective. The workgroup process is designed to include a diversity of opinions and viewpoints. Although workgroups may evaluate the fiscal and racial impacts of the proposed rules and make recommendations, the Board of Pharmacy retains final decision-making authority.
The purpose of this workgroup is to gather information related to CDTMs and CPAs and provide input for rules to ensure patient health, safety and welfare. It is anticipated that the workgroup will provide input on development of updated rules and provide the Board with recommendations, insights, and input on proposed rules.
The CDTM workgroup will be comprised of at least the following:
- One Public Member*
- One Oregon licensed Pharmacist that utilizes CDTMs/CPAs in an institutional drug outlet*
- One Oregon licensed Pharmacist that utilizes CDTMs/CPAs in a retail drug outlet*
- One Oregon Coordinated Care Organization representative*
- One Oregon Federally Qualified Health Center representative*
- One Oregon licensed Community Pharmacist Member recommended by the Oregon State Pharmacy Association
- One Oregon licensed Hospital Pharmacist Member recommended by the Oregon Society of Health System Pharmacists
- Two members of the Oregon Board of Pharmacy
*Workgroup members will be selected using an application process to ensure representation of diverse pharmacy practice settings not addressed by the appointments above.
The meeting will be held virtually on 5/4/2023 from 1-4pm. Please note that this meeting may be cancelled or rescheduled as needed. The preliminary target for possible rule amendments to be permanently adopted is August 2023. To meet this target the workgroup efforts must be complete, and a final draft of proposed rules sent to the board’s Rules Coordinator by mid-May 2023.
If you would like to serve on the CDTM/CPA workgroup, please complete the form below by Friday April 7, 2023. Those that are selected will receive confirmation by Friday April 14, 2023.