September 12, 2018
What: The first public meeting of the PartnerSHIP, tasked with developing the 2020-2024 State Health Improvement Plan (SHIP)
Agenda: Become oriented with members of the PartnerSHIP; understand history and landscape of health improvement plans; understand process for developing the SHIP; adopt vision, values and ground rules; determine criteria for identifying strategic issues
When: Tuesday, September 18, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The meeting is open to the public. A 10-minute public comment period will be held at approximately 2 p.m.; comments are limited to three minutes.
Where: Portland State Office Building, Room 1E, 800 NE Oregon St., Portland. The meeting also is available by webinar.
Background: Oregon’s State Health Improvement Plan (SHIP) identifies interventions and strategies to address health-related priorities in the state. The SHIP serves as a basis for taking collective action with cross-sector partners to improve heath in Oregon. The SHIP will be based on findings from the State Health Assessment (SHA).
- Health departments are required to develop and implement a health improvement plan at least once every five years.
- The Public Health Division will use the Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) framework, widely used by coordinated care organizations (CCOs) and local health departments. The MAPP framework uses six phases. The SHA is developed over the first three phases, while the SHIP is developed and implemented over the second three phases.
- Information about the PartnerSHIP can be found on the OHA website.
- The current State Health Improvement Plan, which is in effect through December 2019, identifies seven priorities related to tobacco use, obesity, oral health, immunizations, suicide, communicable disease, and substance use.
# # #
Everyone has a right to know about and use Oregon Health Authority (OHA) programs and services. OHA provides free help. Some examples of the free help OHA can provide are:
- Sign language and spoken language interpreters
- Written materials in other languages
- Large print
- Audio and other formats
If you need help or have questions, please contact Christy Hudson at 971-678-4347, 711 TTY, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 48 hours before the meeting.