Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Oregon Health Plan (OHP) Coverage Letter

Coverage Letters Tell You about Your Benefits

You will get a coverage letter from the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) when:

  • You first get benefits
  • Your benefits change
  • You join a new coordinated care organization (CCO)
  • You get or lose other health insurance
  • You have changes in your name or household members
  • You ask for a new Oregon Health ID card or coverage letter

If you do not get a letter within two weeks of getting benefits, call OHP Client Services at 800-273-0557 (TTY 711).

Sample Letter

English   English Large Print   Español / Spanish   Español / Spanish Large Print   Русский / Russian   Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese   اللغة العربية / Arabic   简体中文 / Simplified Chinese   繁體中文 / Traditional Chinese   한국어 / Korean   Af Soomaali / Somali   Lus Hmoob / Hmong   foosun Chuuk / Chuukese   Kajin Majol / Marshallese   Português / Portuguese (Brazilian)

What Is in the Coverage Letter?

​There are three types of benefits that may be on a coverage letter:

  • Qualified Medicare Beneficiary: Covers only Medicare cost-sharing.
  • Oregon Health Plan (OHP): OHP Plus, OHP with Limited Drug and OHP Supplemental benefits
  • OHP Dental: Dental-only benefits for COFA Dental Program and Veteran Dental Program members

​Most people with OHP benefits are enrolled in a CCO. Your CCO pays for your health care. Your CCO can help you with travel to get health care services. For most people, the CCO pays for medical, dental and behavioral health (mental health and substance use disorder treatment) services.

Your coverage letter lists the type of care your CCO covers:

  • CCOA: Medical, dental and behavioral health care
  • CCOB: Medical and behavioral health care. OHA pays for dental care
  • CCOG: Dental and behavioral health care. OHA pays for medical care
  • CCOE: Behavioral health care only. OHA pays for medical and dental care.
  • CCOF: Dental care only. OHA pays for medical and behavioral health care for most members. OHA does not pay for medical and behavioral health care for COFA Dental Program or Veteran Dental Program members.

​​If we know about yo​ur insurance, it will be listed as a letter in the “Managed Care/TPR enrollment" box on page 2 of your coverage letter.

Learn more about OHP and private health insuranc​e​.

​When you first join, you get an ID card for each person in your family. This is the last page of the coverage letter. 

The ID card looks like this​.

Did you get yours in the mail? We will send you a new card if:

  • Your name changes
  • Your ID number changes or
  • You ask for a new card.

If you are not enrolled in a CCO, you may use your Oregon Health ID card to see any provider that agrees to bill OHA for services.

If your Oregon Health ID card is not correct or you do not get one after joining OHP, call OHP Client Services right away. See the OHP Contacts page to learn more about when to call.​​​


Member Resources

OHP contacts

OHP handbooks

Words to know


We want to make sure you have the information you need. 

Talk to your CCO

 Not in a CCO? Call 1-800-273-0557 or

 Email us