Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Domestic Partnership Forms and Instructions

Domestic partnership declaration forms (for same-sex couples only) have been available from OHA since February 1, 2008.

TO FILE YOUR REGISTRATION FOR DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP, visit your local county marriage office. It is necessary for one partner to reside in Oregon to be eligible to file. Please carefully read the instructions below, follow the directions for completing the paperwork, and then take the paperwork to your county of residence to register your Domestic Partnership.

All Oregon Registered Domestic Partnerships filed and registered with the county clerk after January 1, 2010 must be filed on the new form Declaration of Oregon Registered Domestic Partnership (Form 45-6 (01/10)). No forms dated 01/08 will be accepted for filing after January 1, 2010.

The form MUST be printed on 8-1/2"x14" to be processed. When you click the 'Print' button, a print dialog box will appear. In the section titled 'Page Handling', be sure to check the box that says 'Choose paper source by PDF page size'. This ensures the form prints correctly.




Legislation (links via OR Legislature)

More Information

Effective June 6, 2013, the Oregon State Legislature passed Senate Bill 406 that expands the possible name combinations a couple may take upon their declaration of domestic partnership.