Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths, and Injuries
The STEADI toolkit
is a comprehensive and easy-to-use resource designed to help healthcare providers incorporate fall risk assessment and proven interventions into their clinical practice.
The toolkit contains provider resources including:
- Fact sheets
- Training materials such as case studies
- A chart to help different types of practices incorporate falls prevention
- Suggestions about how to talk with patients about falls
- Assessment tools for three gait and balance tests
- Patient education brochures
- Pocket guide for providers which includes a flowchart outlining the most important steps in assessing and managing fall risk in older patients.
Lisa Shields, Program Coordinator
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 730
Portland, OR 97232