Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

OHP and Taxes

You May Qualify for a Bigger Refund with the Earned Income Tax Credit

The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a federal tax credit for working people with low to moderate income. To qualify, you must meet certain requirements and file a tax return, even if you do not owe any tax or are not required to file.

One in five taxpayers who qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit will not claim it, often because they don't know it exists. Learn more on the EITC Outreach website. If you need no-cost tax filing help, visit the CASH Oregon website

Your Health Coverage and Tax Time

People who file a federal income tax return may get the IRS Form 1095-B as proof of coverage. Starting with tax year 2019, we will no longer mail these forms to Oregon Health Plan (OHP) members at tax time. To learn more about the changes to reporting health coverage at tax time, please visit

You don't need to have proof of coverage (Form 1095-B) to file your taxes.

You do not need to have a copy of Form 1095-B to file your taxes. IRS says taxpayers can prepare and file returns using other information about their health insurance. To learn more about health care forms, visit IRS Questions and Answers.

Get a copy of your proof of coverage (Form 1095-B):

You can request a copy of your 1095-B form to prove you had health insurance. The fastest way to get a copy is to call us. You can also send an email or mail us a letter.

Call us at 844-346-8060 and ask for a copy.

Send a secure email to Include your full name, date of birth, Oregon Health ID number, mailing address, and phone number. If you do not use a secure email, your information may not be protected. Learn how to send a secure email.

Send a letter with your request, your full name, date of birth, Oregon Health ID number, mailing address, and phone number to:

Attn: 1095-B Requests
OHP Client Services
500 Summer St NE, E-49
Salem, OR 97301

Learn More

Get Tax Help

You can get help preparing taxes, including electronic filing (e-filing). In some cases help is free.