Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Patients: Renewing Your Registration

How to Renew

Renewal timeline

Cardholders must renew registration every year. If the OMMP does not receive your complete renewal application by the current registration expiration date, your registration card will no longer be valid and you will no longer be registered with the OMMP.

Do not renew too early. The earliest you can renew is 90 days before your current registration expires. Your Attending Provider's Statement must be signed within that 90 day period, otherwise it will not be valid.

When it is time to renew, OMMP will mail you a renewal notice. This notice is sent 60 to 90 days prior to the expiration of your current registration card. 

To renew online

  • Create an account or sign in to your existing account at:
  • Complete the steps to renew your application.
  • To be complete, your renewal application must include all of the items listed in the box below.

Need help? Check out the training and help resources for the online system.

To renew by mail

Submit the items listed in the box below to OHA/OMMP, P.O. Box 14450, Portland, OR 97293-0450.

What to submit

 OMMP Application Form

Renewing online?
The system will pre-populate the information from your most current application and you will be able to make all necessary changes as you go through the online process.

Renewing by mail?
Complete the Application and Attending Provider's Statement (APS) forms you receive with your renewal packet. Check that all information is correct. If you did not receive a renewal packet, complete a blank application form, or you can renew online at: 

Your card and your caregiver's card (if you designated a caregiver) will be mailed to you.

If you designated a grower, the grower card will be mailed separately to the grower after the grower pays the grow site registration fee.

Download form (pdf)

Note: If you are changing information on your renewal, those changes will not apply to your current registration. To make a change to your current registration, see Making Changes.

 Copies of valid photo ID

Include copies of ID for the patient and for any designated caregiver or grower.

View samples of valid ID (pdf)

 Attending Provider's Statement

This form must be signed by the provider.

Download form (pdf)

Note: Disabled Veterans who meet the qualifications in OAR 333-008-0040 (2)(a) or (b) do not have to submit an Attending Provider's Statement annually to the program. See below for details.

 Fee payment

View cardholder fees

 If you are registering a minor, complete the Minor Declaration Form

Download form (pdf)

Information for Veterans

Some Veterans are exempt from submitting the Attending Provider's Statement (APS) when renewing their card.

Submitting documentation proving that a veteran meets either of the qualifications below, means a veteran does not need to submit an APS when renewing:

  • Proof that the applicant is a veteran, was discharged as honorable, and has a total disability rating of 100%. This example summary of benefits letter states all three items. 
    - OR -
  • Proof that the applicant is a veteran, was discharged as anything other than dishonorable, and has been assigned total and permanent disability that rates the veteran as unable to secure or follow employment as a result of their service-connected disabilities. This example summary of benefits letter states all three items. 

This exemption only applies to Veterans who are renewing their Medical Marijuana card. First time Veteran applicants must still see an Attending Provider and submit the required medical documentation.

You must also submit

In addition, Veterans need to submit all items listed above in the What to Submit section on this page. 


  • A Veteran who will be their own grower, or does not list a grower, AND who submits proof of a total disability rating of at least 50% as a result of a service related injury or illness, and that they were discharged under other than dishonorable conditions: NO FEE 
  • If the Veteran will be their own grower or does not list a grower AND submits proof of having served in the Armed Forces of the United States the application fee will be $20.