Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program Technical Assistance (CREP-TA) Grants

CREP Background

The Oregon Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) is a cooperative venture between the State of Oregon and Farm Services Agency (FSA), with technical support from the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and local partners, including soil and water conservation districts, watershed councils, and resource conservation and development councils. The purpose of this long-standing program is to restore, maintain, and enhance streamside areas along agricultural lands to benefit fish, wildlife, and water quality. Landowners who voluntarily enroll in CREP receive annual rental payments and state and federal cost-share incentives to install approved conservation measures, such as planting trees and shrubs, and installing fencing and livestock water facilities.

More on CREP

Apply for a CREP TA Grant

OWEB provides competitive, statewide CREP TA grants to support costs associated with local CREP program implementation including staffing, travel, training, outreach, and planning. Applications are accepted in the Fall of every other year and are submitted entirely through our online system.

1. Obtain a login (username and password).

If your organization already has an OGMS login, skip to step 2.

An OGMS login is required to access the online grant application. Only one login per organization is allowed. If no login exists for an organization, please email Leilani Sullivan to request one. Include the following in your email:

  • Organization name and address
  • Grantee Contact Information: name, title, email address, and phone number for the person who will receive all communication from OWEB and sign any grant agreements.
  • Payee Contact Information: name, email address, and phone number for the person who keeps records and submits payment requests and documentation.
  • FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number). OWEB may enter into agreements only with legally established entities. OWEB will review potential applicants prior to creating an OGMS login.
  • Per federal guidance, all OWEB grantees must be registered at the System for Award Management (SAM) before receiving a grant agreement. Entities will received a non-proprietary identifier (called the Unique Entity Identifier (UEI).) This identifier is assigned by SAM ( is a free service) and entities must update their registration annually.

2. Log in to the Online Application.

Guidance to help you fill out the application is always available in the top navigation bar of the online application. An application template is also available after you log in and choose "Create a New Application."


Please direct questions to Heidi Hartman, Federal Programs Specialist, 971-707-0226.