|Compliance with Law: |
- ORS 466.635 requires any person owning or having control over oil or hazardous material who has knowledge of a spill or release shall immediately notify OEM as soon as that person knows the spill or release is a reportable quantity.
- ORS 824.088 requires each railroad that gives notice to the United States Department of Transportation of an incident that occurs during the course of transporting hazardous materials as defined by federal regulations shall also notify OEM by contacting OERS.
- OAR 345-60-030 requires similar notification for radioactive material incidents.
- Sections 304, Title III of the Federal superfund Amendments and Re-authorization Act (SARA) of 1986 requires facilities to notify the Local Emergency Planning committee (LEPC) and the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC) if there is a release of a listed hazardous substance that exceeds the reportable quantity for that substances.
Your call to OERS will satisfy these notification requirements:
- Advise the duty officer that you are making a SERC/LEPC notification and submit the required written report to:
4760 Portland Rd NE, Salem, OR 97305-1760
- You may also be required to notify the local 9-1-1 Center and the National Response Center.