The Oregon Bicycle Advisory Committee (OBAC) was formed by ORS 366.112, a bill passed in 1973 by the legislature. In 1995, the Oregon Transportation Commission officially recognized the OBAC's role in pedestrian issues; the committee became the Oregon Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (OBPAC). This eight-member committee, appointed by the governor, acts as a liaison between the public and ODOT. They advise ODOT in the regulation of bicycle and pedestrian traffic and the establishment of bikeways and walkways. The committee meets quarterly in various locations around the state to listen to the views and concerns of interested citizens, local officials and ODOT Region staff.
Members serve four year terms and include:
- An employee of a unit of local government employed in land-use planning;
- A representative of a recognized environmental group;
- A person engaged in the business of selling or repairing bicycles;
- A member designated by the Oregon Recreation Trails Advisory Council;
- At least one member under the age of 21 at the time of appointment; and
- Three members at large.
2015 Meeting Schedule:
- February 2, Portland ODOT, Room A
- April 1, Portland (Joint meeting with OATS)
- June 24 - 25, Pendleton
- August 11, Location TDB
- October 20, Location TBD
- December 15, Location TBD
February 02, 2015 - Portland
April 1, 2015 - Portland
OBPAC Committee Meeting Update – Public Comment Clarification
Based on the number and complexity of applications for ConnectOregon V funding, the Oregon Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee has opted not to allow presentations from ConnectOregon applicants at its review meeting. The public comment period during the March 10th OBPAC meeting is not intended for applicant presentations.
Public comment will be restricted to the general public; comments from applicant representatives will not be accepted.
Members of the public wishing to comment on ConnectOregon applications are encouraged to do so in writing. Written comments may be summited to Chris Cummings at Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org, throughout the process until final award by the Oregon Transportation Commission in summer 2014.
- December 15, 2014 - Portland (pdf)
- October 29, 2014 - Salem (pdf)
- August 27, 2014 - Bend (pdf)
- June 4, 2014 - Portland (pdf)
- April 22, 2014 - Portland (pdf)
- December 18, 2014 - Portland (PDF)
- October 17-18, 2013- Bend (PDF)
- June 07, 2013- Portland (PDF)
- April 09, 2013- Phone Conference (PDF)
- December 12, 2012 - Salem (PDF)
- September 27, 2012 - Medford (PDF)
- June 22, 2012 - Salem (PDF)
- April 18, 2012 - Salem (PDF)
- Joint Committees February 01, 2012 - Salem (PDF)
- February 02, 2012 - Salem (PDF)
Bylaws, Goals, Mission & Work Plan
Bylaws: Bylaws (PDF)
Goals: OBPAC Vision and Goals
This section contains correspondence and positions papers the committee has taken action on.
EPA School Siting Guidelines (PDF)
Testimony to the Oregon Transportation Commission (OTC) Jan 2009 (DOC)
Department of Energy - High Performance School August 2008 (DOC)
Proposed Freeway Ban April 2006 (DOC)
HCRH Appropriation Letter (DOC)