The Performance Partnership Agreement describes how DEQ and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 10 will work together to protect Oregon’s environment in relation to DEQ’s implementation of federally-delegated environmental programs. The current agreement covers state fiscal years 2023 and 2024, which run from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024.
The two-year agreement documents the strategic goals, joint priorities, objectives and commitments of EPA and DEQ to protect Oregon’s environment. The agreement also serves as the work plan for DEQ’s federal Performance Partnership Grant from EPA, covering state fiscal years 2023 and 2024. The agreement appendices contain program-specific work plans for air quality, hazardous waste and water quality.
Grants from the following program authorities are included in the agreement and are combined in the Performance Partnership Grant:
- Clean Air Act, Section 105
- Clean Water Act, Section 319 (partial grant)
- Clean Water Act, Section 106
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Section 3011
- Safe Drinking Water Act – Underground Injection Control, Section 1443(b)(1)
- Multipurpose Grant