In response to recent concerns of metal emissions and deposition around Portland area manufacturing facilities, the Oregon DEQ developed a statewide web map to display the current status of air quality monitoring and assist with planning future projects. This map contains the locations of known glass manufacturers and other DEQ and Lane Regional Air Protection Agency permitted facilities that may emit metals, however, this is not an exhaustive list and may change upon further research.
The web map provides the annual glass usage and a list of metals likely associated with each of the glass manufacturers, if available, as well as location, facility description and permit number for each DEQ and LRAPA permitted facility. Additional details for both include proximity to locations of concern, such as day cares, schools and health care facilities.
The web map also provides information on DEQ’s current, completed and future air monitoring around the state, as well as data from a focused soil sampling and a recent USFS moss study in the Portland metro area. Additional information on these stations includes sampling dates, analytes monitored and the quality assurance plan, if available.
View Oregon Air Quality Status and Planning Map
- AmeriTies West - The Dalles
- Bullseye GlassBullseye Glass Company manufactures colored art glass in southeast Portland. In January 2016, possibly unsafe levels of arsenic and cadmium were found in the air near the facility.
- Hollingsworth & Vose Fiber CompanyHollingsworth & Vose manufactures specialty glass fiber products from sand and other materials using electric furnaces and other equipment that result in glass melting and shaping of the glass into long, very thin fibers.
- Precision Castparts Corp.Precision Castparts Corp., also known as PCC Structurals, Inc., produces nickel-based superalloy, titanium, stainless steel, and aluminum castings for aerospace, land-based turbine, medical, military armament and other applications. The company has three facilities in the Portland region.
- Uroboros GlassUroboros Glass manufactures colored art glass. Uroboros Glass does not have an air quality permit from DEQ. It is a small facility and its operations and associated emissions have not met DEQ regulations that would require it to have an air quality permit.
For more information about Air Quality call 503-229-5359 or email